Master Your Birth
Birth is not an experience to take lightly. Not saying you do, but most women postpone preparing for it on a PHYSICAL level.
Birth is a physical experience and you have to feel your way through it.
It is not a cerebral event.
Meaning, you can read all the books in the world about it, but they won’t prepare you for what YOU’LL experience.
It is an experience you can master by preparing for it. AVOID WAITING TO THE LAST MINUTE!
How? Here are some suggestions.
- practice breathing techniques
- learn how contractions work
- do your Kegels daily
- relax daily and through out the day
You also want to develop a “Birth Mindset”. Your body does not intend to cause you harm. It just wants to birth your baby. The more fear and anxiety you create in your mind, the more pain you’ll experience.
- less tension = less pain
- labor is temporary
- it has an ending
- it is limited
- you know it’s coming so you have time to prepare
- labor is 30% physical, 70% emotional
- less fear = less pain
- you can’t be stressed and relaxed at the same time, so relax MORE
- fear and anxiety can prolong your labor
Got questions or comments? Write them below.