Unmedicated Options for Labor
With all the interest in epidurals as the way to manage labor discomfort, other unmedicated options have been overlooked if not completely ignored – and there are many. Here is a list of non-pharmacological as well as medicated options.
It discusses the side effects of medications in detail. What I want you to know is there ARE options for managing labor “pain” and the epidural is NOT the only choice. Something to think about and know. knowabout.
The researchers identified a list of 15 childbirth pain management methods:
- placebo/no treatment
- intracutaneous or subcutaneous sterile water injection
- immersion in water
- relaxation techniques (yoga, music, audio)
- acupuncture or acupressure
- massage, reflexology or manual methods
- inhaled analgesia (laughing gas)
- non-opioid drugs
- local anesthetic nerve blocks
Birth bold, Lesly 🙂